Video marketing is the latest tactic used by marketers to increase conversions.
This article will show you 3 examples of how to use video to increase your conversions.
In the past decade, social media has risen to unexpected heights and the business world could not ignore it any longer. Smartphones were the tools that enabled social media’s rapid growth. Mobile phone companies fitted their smartphones with highly performing cameras in terms of photo and video features. Statistics show that prospects and customers love to watch videos and businesses should take advantage of this.
Video by numbers
2018 statistics found that video drives consumer decisions:
- 64% of consumers say that watching a marketing video on Facebook has influenced a purchasing decision (source: animoto.com)
- Having product “how-to” videos available on YouTube are nine times more important to shoppers than celebrity endorsements;
- The most popular video content: “How-to” videos (52%), Product reviews (26%), “Unboxing” videos (25%);
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text (source: wordstream.com);
- 60% of marketers used videos in their social media marketing in 2016 (source: socialmediaexaminer.com);
- Companies that use videos in their marketing have 27% higher clickthrough rate and 34% higher conversion rates than those that don’t (source: buffer.com).
What is a conversion?
Conversion is the result of your prospects taking a specific action.
Using marketing products (from printed leaflets to e-books and surveys), marketers pursue to influence and encourage prospects to step into the direction they desire. With each step they take further up the company’s sales funnel, prospects get closer to making a purchase and becoming customers.
Conversions are the mileposts of the buyer’s journey. They signal when a prospect has reached a particular moment that shows he is becoming interested in your company’s products or services.
3 examples of video marketing to increase conversions
- Attending webinars/workshops/training sessions
Let’s assume your company sells social media marketing services to medium size firms.
One of your business strategies to attract new customers is to provide free workshops of personal branding to top level managers.
How do you influence your prospects to attend your workshops using video marketing?
You can show them a video of previous attendees talking about how these workshops helped them increase their personal brand. Video testimonials are effective marketing tools because they feature real persons. Also the viewer can see them express positive emotions when talking about their experience with your company, which is more impactful than a written testimonial could ever be.
Key takeaway: Include a powerful call to action and a sign-in form to measure your conversions!
2. Drive traffic to your website
Your company sells kitchen cabinets and you need to increase traffic to its website.
How can you increase the traffic to your company’s website with video marketing?
You can let your prospects know that if they wish to update their kitchen style and are confused about choosing a design, you have prepared a video for them. Your video can feature one of your employees presenting the latest fashion in kitchen cabinets. Prospects are looking for branded content that can deliver valuable information. High quality, informative and helpful videos are effective because they help your company build trust and positive connection to its customers.
Key takeaway: Invest in high-quality video and be true to your brand.
3. Influence your prospects to buy your product
Your company sells coffee machines.
How can you influence your prospects into buying your coffee machines using video marketing?
By making product review videos. Show your customers how they can prepare their favorite coffee, outline your coffee machine’s features and show them their benefits if they buy your product. Be engaging and entertaining!
Product review videos can influence your ranking in Google results for mobile.
Key takeaway: Don’t tell them, show them!