Human. Mom-preneur. Business strategist and modern marketing mentor for personal brands.
Lenja believes that for your marketing to be supremely effective you don’t need a degree in marketing but in humanity. Mom to her young son Noa and “mom” to the modern marketing approach, called marcareting. Marcareting is basically Lenja’s strategy of inserting this belief into the mindset of the personal brands she’s helping to make money and change the world.
Lenja was named one of 12 World Changers by the New York Times Bestselling author Roy H. Williams, one of 40 most influential radio personalities under 40 by the Radio Advertising bureau USA.
She is the founder of the online community of international business women – Visible Women.
Worldchangers and a co-founder of the Club 466 International, philanthropic and educational club for women in Slovenia.
MEET THE FOUNDER OF MODERN MARCARETING ACADEMY (THE MMA)
1. How did you come up with the business idea for THE MMA?
I listened to people and myself.
2. Tell us the first three things you’ve done to turn the idea into facts.
1. I started to talk about it publicly when there was only the idea.
2. I bought the domain ilovemarcareting.com.
3. I started promoting and selling before the content for 6 modules was actually ready. I gave a lot of value (free webinars, Facebook lives, posts, 40 videos on modern marketing) and sold the whole 1st generation when I did not even record one single module of the Academy (my 1st generation was epic).
3. Name one situation that made you want to quit.
There is no such thing with me. Only one situation can never make me quit. My mindset and heartset are too strong for that. Plus, I’ve been through so much challenges in my business life, that I know how to turn obstacles into fertiliser for success.
4. Name one situation that made you want to go forward.
Waking up in the morning.
5. What do you think are the most difficult challenges entrepreneurs have to face in the Slovenian market nowadays?
I work mostly with women and mom-preneurs. They do not believe in themselves, therefore they do not become VISIBLE. They forget to take care of themselves, so they burn out. They believe focusing 100% on business and marketing strategy plus hustle is the only way to epic success.
6. Investment matters. If you would invest in something else but your actual business. What would that be?
Education. Together with Sir Ken Robinson, Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuk, Brene Brown, Marie Forleo, Tim Ferris, Ana Peskar, Irena Hleb, Miran Klajn, Rino Faraguna, Smiljan and Helena Mori, Sanni Grahn-Laasonen and others I would build a new school and copy-paste it around the world.
7. If you could change something about Slovenia’s Entrepreneurs community to improve it in any way what would that be?
Not just for Slovenian community, but for any community of entrepreneurs: do not forget you are HUMAN first!
9. What is THE MMA bringing to the marketing and branding market, that is different compared its competitors?
Me. Lenja Faraguna. My struggle and glory. My story.
There are other amazing online marketing academies, but this one is unique because I transparently document my whole journey.
From inside to outside. LIVE. No mindset, marketing and business questions are off limit. No pain is undocumented. No mistake is pushed under the carpet. No glory is undocumented. No fear is erased.
My students get to hold my (business) diamond in their hands for 8 weeks so it shines on theirs. All my experience (failures and glory, tactics, tips, techniques, strategies), knowledge (on mindset and marketing, copywriting, selling, social media), talents and values as well!
This they will know that if I did it, they can do it too!
MEET THE WOMAN BEHIND THE SUIT
1.Name one good habit that helps you deal with your active life.
Good thoughts, no matter what challenges comes on my way.
2. Name one bad habit you can’t quit.
Working too late.
3. If you could be anything else but an entrepreneur what would you be?
4. You are the founder at Marcareting Academy, what is the favourite movie of the woman who founded it?
Some of a my favourites:
- Kinky boots because it teaches you about branding, selling and believing in yourself.
- The Skin I live in because it blows your mind and I love an epic brain in people.
- Dirty Dancing (I see you laughing) but hey, No one puts Baby in the corner!
- Pulp Fiction because of the brutally honest dialogues.
5. Tell us your favourite book. What’s the best thing you learned from it?
I will break the rule and give you 4 favorites of 2017:
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks: “The big pain is always proceeded by the big leap!”
- Rising Strong and Daring Greatly by Brené Brown: “Vulnerability is strength” + “Never compromise who you are!”
- Connecting with your teenager by Lea and Albert Mrgole: “Connect and heal yourself first so you can connect with your child and live in flow.”
6. Name the most important value that you believe in.
Self-worth equals net-worth.
7. If you could compare your journey as an entrepreneur with a song what song would you choose?
A Million Dreams from The Greatest Showman Soundtrack.
8. Tell us the best experience you had while working to build The Modern Marcareting Academy?
Trusting myself that marketing strategy is not the 100% road to success, so I added my mindset to the academy’s and that was the game-changer. Then it was the FB Lives, where I answered hundreds of questions of my students and triggered the biggest AHA moments within “my tribe”. Last, but no least, is the community, where the students became friends and business partners. This trust and love that developed is the thing that makes THE MMA ever lasting.
9. If you would give our readers one piece of advice from your entrepreneurial experience, what would that advice be?
Human is the new perfect!